Position: Nursery Attendant
It is my pleasure to serve as your nursery attendant. I have worked with children in one capacity or another all of my life. At 13, I began babysitting for our neighbor’s two little ones when my dad was home and available to help, if needed. Before long, I was babysitting for other families, as well. I valued the trust placed in me, and I enjoyed taking care of children. I always knew that I wanted to have children of my own someday. I have heard that when I was little, I wanted to be a teacher and to have six kids, but God decided that I would have two, and He knows best, because those two kept me very busy. My daughter Meagan, 30, and my son Stephen, 21, made sure that I was never bored.
I did get my certification and became a teacher. I have 20 kids now if you count the 18 that I have in my Kindergarten class.
Interesting facts about Laura
- My favorite color is dark green.
- I drink a lot coffee and Diet Coke.
- I have a weakness for sweets, especially chocolate.
- I have three rescued pets–two VERY needy dogs, and one three-legged and a very independent cat.
- I bought a townhouse almost two years ago and I am in the middle of trying to do some remodeling. (It looked MUCH easier in the YouTube videos! 🙂